Buy best plug & play fiber Gpon router UFiber loco (UF-LOCO) Gigabit Passive Optical Network CPE fro Pavuta Telecoms in Kenya
- High-Performance GPON CPE
- LED diodes for easy diagnostics
- Up to 2.4 Gbps downstream and 1.2 Gbps Upstream
- Supports up to 20 km GPON Links
- Powerful Layer 2/3 Management Features
- GPON WAN Port
- RJ45 Gigabit LAN Port
- SC/APC Fiber Connector
UFiber loco (UF-LOCO)
The sleek UFiber loco is a robust, high‑performance GPON CPE that features extremely low power consumption and the choice of 24V passive PoE or Micro‑USB power.
• (1) GPON WAN Port and (1) Gigabit LAN Ethernet Port
• 3.5W Max. Power Consumption
• Powered by 24V Passive PoE or Micro-USB Power Adapter*
UFiber loco (UF-LOCO) Package Contents
|Wall Mount Bracket|
|Screws (Qty. 4)|
|Screw Anchors (Qty. 4)|
|Micro-USB Power Adapter* (5V, 1A)|
* Included only in the single-pack of the UF-LOCO.
- Linux, Mac OS X, or Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Web Browser: Google Chrome (Other browsers may have limited functionality)
Before You Begin
Designing your first GPON deployment requires specific knowledge and planning. For information on GPON network design and installation, including important considerations and best practices, refer to:
For details on configuring UFiber devices for the first time to allow ONU LAN ports to provide connectivity, refer to: ubnt.link/UFiber-Initial-Configuration
|The Reset button serves two functions for the UF-LOCO:
|SC/APC GPON port supports WAN connections of 2.488 Gbps downstream and 1.244 Gbps upstream.|
|The Micro-USB Power Adapter connects to this port to provide power.|
|RJ45 Ethernet LAN port supports a 10/100/1000 Mbps connection and passive 24V PoE to power the device.|
|Off||Ethernet connection down|
|White||Ethernet connection up|
|Signal strength: low
≥ -28 dBm
|Signal strength: good
≥ -25 dBm
|Signal strength: strong
≥ -11 dBm
|Signal strength: too low
< -28 dBm
Check the quality of the fiber connection, and calculate the total optical loss of the optical splitters.
|Signal strength: too strong
≥ -8 dBm
Add an optical splitter, or add
Check the fiber cables and connectors, and ensure that the OLT functions properly.
The UF-LOCO has not been authorized or cannot communicate with the OLT. Check passwords and OLT settings.
|WARNING: Never look directly into the ends of fiber or modules. The emitted light could cause damage to the eye.|
|WARNING: Until ready for use, keep modules and fiber patch cables covered using the included protective caps to ensure the connections stay clean.|
|WARNING: DO NOT connect the device directly to a UFiber GPON module (UF-GP-B+ or UF-GP-C+). Doing so will damage the device optics. Ensure that the device’s received signal level never exceeds -8 dBm. Use a UFiber PLC Splitter to add attenuation as needed.|
|Note: The airCube provides Wi-Fi connectivity with PoE passthrough, so it is the ideal complement to the UF-LOCO for CPE installations.|
|WARNING: The switch port must comply with the power specifications listed in this Quick Start Guide.|
- Ensure that your computer (or other host system) is connected to the device.
- Configure the Ethernet adapter on your host system with a static IP address on the 192.168.1.x subnet.
- Launch your web browser. Type http://192.168.1.1 in the address field. Press enter (PC) or return (Mac).
- Enter ubnt in the Username and Password fields. Click Login.
Customize settings as needed. For more information, refer to the UFiber resources, which are available at: http://ubnt.link/UFiber-Support
The device is compatible with most major brands of OLT (Optical Line Terminal) and offers four compatibility profiles. By default the device is set to Profile 1 – Ubiquiti UFiber OLT. For other brands, manually select Profile 2, 3, or 4.
- Log into the UFiber Configuration Interface.
- Go to Settings .
- On the Network screen, click the System tab.
- Select the appropriate profile from the OLT Profile drop-down menu:
- Profile 1 Ubiquiti UFiber OLT
- Profile 2 Other brands
- Profile 3 Other brands
- Profile 4 Other brands
Note: For more information, visit: https://ubnt.link/Supported-3rd-Party-OLTs
- Click Save Changes.
The device will automatically restart with the new profile.
UFiber loco (UF-LOCO) Specifications
|Dimensions||76.5 x 76.5 x 26.4 mm
(3.01 x 3.01 x 1.04″)
|Weight||77 g (2.72 oz)|
|Networking Interfaces||(1) SC/APC, GPON WAN
(1) RJ45, Ethernet LAN
|Networking Interface Speeds||(1) GPON WAN, ITU G.984,
2.488 Gbps Downstream,
1.244 Gbps Upstream(1) GbE LAN, 10/100/1000 Mbps
|Management Interface||In-Band Ethernet
|Normal Optical Power Range||TX (Class B+): 1.5 to 5 dBm
RX: -28 to -8 dBm
|Power Method||Micro-USB: 5V, 1A
24V Passive PoE (Pins +4, 5; -7, 8)
|Power Supply||Micro-USB Power Adapter*: 5V, 1A|
|Max. Power Consumption||3.5W|
|Supported Voltage Range||4.7 to 5.3V|
|Processor Specs||MIPS-32, 240 MHz|
|Memory Information||128 MB DDR3|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 45° C (14 to 113° F)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 90% Noncondensing|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
* Included only in the single-pack of the UF-LOCO.
- Read, follow, and keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
|WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture.|
|WARNING: Do not use this product in location that can be submerged by water.|
|WARNING: Avoid using this product during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.|
|WARNING: CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT – Do not look into the ends of the fiber optic cable or SFP modules while converters are powered.|
- Compliance is required with respect to voltage, frequency, and current requirements indicated on the manufacturer’s label. Connection to a different power source than those specified may result in improper operation, damage to the equipment or pose a fire hazard if the limitations are not followed.
- There are no operator serviceable parts inside this equipment. Service should be provided only by a qualified service technician.
The limited warranty requires the use of arbitration to resolve disputes on an individual basis, and, where applicable, specify arbitration instead of jury trials or class actions.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions.
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operations of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
Australia and New Zealand
|Warning: This equipment is compliant with Class A of CISPR 32. In a residential environment this equipment may cause radio interference.|
CE marking on this product represents the product is in compliance with all directives that are applicable to it.